Final Thoughts



This trip was a great opportunity and experience for me. I've never traveled anywhere before this trip and I'm really proud of myself for going and trying new things. I tried a lot of food I normally wouldn't go near at home, I made new friends and I explored the two countries!

This trip has taught me a lot about different cultures. Japan was so different from America. Everyone is taught to be the same and work comes first. Also it is extremely quiet there. No one talks on the trains or on the streets. We got yelled at by people for being too loud before on the trains. Taiwan seemed different from Japan. They seem more laid back. They also talk more and are more willing to speak to foreigners.

This trip has also taught me more about myself. When I was in Japan I did not really experience culture shock, I still felt I wasn't that far from home. As soon as we got to Taiwan I instantly felt the cultural shock. I don't know what caused it, I think it was a mixture of the different foods, smells and just the culture. It definitely affected my mood, but I tried to stay open minded and got through it. I honestly didn't think I was going to experience any cultural shock, so I was surprised by it.

I also learned that I want to travel abroad more. I don't know if I want to do an international rotation for a job, but I definitely would like to do more traveling. I also am determined to learn a second language. This trip made me realize how important it is to learn another language. I also realized how impressive the students in Japan and Taiwan were because they spoke English very well. They are the same age as us and are giving a presentation in a foreign language to them.

Overall I had a great time on the trip to Japan and Taiwan. It was really fun and interesting. I met knew people and tried new things. It was an eye opening experience and has encouraged me to become more diverse and cultural.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KPMG in Taipei

Soochow University Visit